Cherry Creek is a neighborhood located in the thriving and beautiful city of Denver, Colorado. It was one of the first suburban communities developed in the city at the end of the 1940s, and it's still known for its beautiful parks and tree-lined streets. With so many great reasons to move to Cherry Creek, Denver, Colorado here are our top 5:
Reason 1: Amazing Real Estate Opportunites
Cherry Creek is one of Denver's most affluent neighborhoods. This community has a median household income well above the national average, and residents have access to some of the best schools in Colorado, as well as many different types of restaurants and shops. In addition, it costs less to live here than other parts of metropolitan Denver because housing prices are below the national average.
Cherry Creek homes are generally on the. Cherry Creek homes for sale offer an attractive living experience with beautiful homes and views of the mountains and city. Most homes in this area are of a custom build, but there are a few homes available that have been built by well-known developers such as Toll Brothers or Ryland Homes.
The homes range in size, with homes going up to around 8,000 square feet.
Cherry Creek homes are often set on acres of land and include features such as hot tubs, pools with waterfalls, rock walls with mountain views and much more. These homes have been featured in magazines such as In Style Magazine and Elle Decor.
Prices for homes for sale in Cherry Creek, Denver are a bit high, but prices vary depending on the type of home. The prices for homes in Cherry Creek range from around $250,000 to $1 million or more.
Reason 2: Excellent School System
Cherry Creek Schools are one of the top-rated schools in Colorado. Schools that fall into this district include Cherry Creek High School and Cherry Creek Schools, as well as Kent Denver, a private school. The schools have received national recognition for their education system which is also very diverse. Schools within the Cherry Creek Schools district offer students an opportunity to get ready for college or the working world with Advanced Placement classes, honor courses and dual-enrollment opportunities with colleges.
Students are encouraged to take part in activities such as sports, arts, clubs and other activities via student organizations and extracurriculars. Schools within this district are also known for having very strong arts programs with access to high-quality performances.
The Cherry Creek School district has an excellent reputation. The schools are well funded and the teachers have low student-teacher ratios, which means every child gets personal attention to reach their full potential in class.
The district is committed to excellence and to challenging the minds of all students. Furthermore, Cherry Creek has a commitment to making sure that its schools are beautiful buildings where children can learn in an enriching environment.
Cherry Creek ranks number one out of Denver’s 16 school districts for academics in Colorado, according to Niche.com.
Schools near Cherry Creek, Denver include
- Cherry Creek Elementary School
- York Street Creative Arts K-12 school
- Strive Prep Academy of Cherry Creek Campus, grades PK through 12
- Boettcher Elementary School
- Chrystal Park Elementary school
- Columbine Hills Academy, grades K through 12
Reason 3: Amazing Dining Scene
Cherry Creek, Denver is a bustling neighborhood with tons of restaurant choices. One will find lots of different cuisines that are sure to please any foodie, as well as delicious options for all budgets.
Cherry Creek Restaurants offer a diverse selection of cuisines and dining experiences to fit every taste. Restaurants in Cherry Creek range from sushi bars, New Orleans cuisine, Italian cuisine and everything in between.
Some of the nearby restaurants include:
- The Squeaky Bean: an award-winning restaurant with a farm-to-table philosophy and innovative menu items. They are also known for their cocktails and brunch on weekends
- Oak at Fourteenth: this is one of the best restaurants in Denver, serving both meat dishes as well as vegetarian options. This place has won awards including Best New Restaurant from Denver Magazine and Best Patio Dining from Westword
- The Kitchen Next Door: this restaurant is known for its brunch, but they serve breakfast all day. They also offer a killer happy hour where you can indulge in some of the best food at an affordable price
- The Corner Office: this is a restaurant that offers both lunch and dinner, as well as an excellent wine selection. They are known for their handcrafted cocktails, salads, steaks, burgers, pizzas and more.
- Larkburger: if you're looking to go for some of the best fast food in Denver then head to Larkburger. They are trendy and hip, but they offer an updated twist on the classic fast-food burger
- Tacos El Galindo: this is a Mexican restaurant that offers authentic recipes as well as some of the best margaritas in Denver
Denver is home to some of the top restaurants in the country. These great eateries offer something for everyone, from sushi and seafood to Italian food and street tacos.
You’ll find many award-winning chefs who have set up shop here because they know that Denver has a knowledgeable audience ready to try new things with an open mind!
Reason 4: Outdoor recreation and Parks
Outdoor recreation is a huge part of the Denver lifestyle. People come here to enjoy the mountains and all they have to offer for outdoor activities, as well as being close enough to take quick trips out West if you want some more serious hiking or skiing.
- The Cherry Creek Trail: people can walk this trail from downtown Denver through several different parks on the way to Cherry Creek State Park. The trail has a wide variety of scenery and also offers biking or jogging options
- Cherry Creek Bike Path: this is a paved path that provides over 20 miles (32 kilometers) for cyclists who want to take their bikes out in Denver
- Cherry Creek Golf Course: if you're looking for a golf course near Denver this is the one. It's public, but there are many different tee-times and membership options available
- Cherry Creek State Park: with over 100 miles (161 kilometers) of hiking trails in Colorado’s high country, you'll never get bored at Cherry Creek State Park. This park has various scenery for different types of hikers, and the trails provide a great workout.
- Red Rocks Park: this is another great spot to enjoy some outdoor recreation in Denver. There are over 16 miles (25 kilometers) of hiking trails, as well as mountain biking terrain
- City Park Golf Course: located near downtown Denver, City Park golf course offers golfing, disc golf and sand volleyball, as well as a playground for kids
There are so many different outdoor recreation options nearby Cherry Creek, Denver. You'll never be bored here!
Reason #5: Endless Shopping Opportunites
Denver is a shopping destination, and Cherry Creek offers the best of all worlds. You'll find options for every budget here, as well as some stores you can't find anywhere else in Denver - or even Colorado!
- Belle's Boutique (high end)
- The Outfitters (fancy clothes and shoes for the whole family - think Kate Spade, Coach, Michael Kors)
- Cherry Creek North Shopping Center (a little pricier than Walmart but lower prices than most of Cherry Creek. It also has a Target and a Walmart and J.C. Penney's)
- The Quarters at Cherry Creek (luxury shopping - think Louis Vuitton, Gucci, Coach)
- Cheesman Park/Central Park Shopping Area (cheap thrills for the diehard budget shopper: Ross Dress For Less, TJ Maxx, Marshall's)
- The Northfield Shopping Area (dense with different types of stores including a Macy's, Nordstrom Rack, and DSW Shoes. Parking is free!)
- Denver Pavilions (a little pricier than most malls in Denver, but it has lots of high-end shops like Tiffany & Co., Burberry, Lululemon)
- The 16th Street Mall (a great place to buy souvenirs or get your feet done - and there's always something going on down here!)
- Denver Central Market (one of the best places in Denver for fresh produce, meats, fish, and artisan bread.
The next time you are looking for a new place to live, why not consider moving to Cherry Creek? This neighborhood offers plenty of excellent real estate options, well-rated schools, fabulous restaurants and ample outdoor recreation. It also has some of the city’s best shopping--all within less than 10 miles from downtown Denver! If you're ready to start your search in this highly sought-after area then contact us today. We can help you find the perfect home at an affordable price that will fit all of your needs.